Thursday, May 17, 2012

True Love


I currently work at a non profit child advocacy organization in Omaha, Nebraska, and one of my wonderful colleagues is getting married. We are having a surprise wedding shower for her tomorrow, and I thought that I would make her something that symbolizes her true love...advocating for Nebraska's children through legislative and policy reform. I know her fiance would have to agree.

The Nebraska State Capitol is quite a strange building. It has a tomb-like quality when you go inside; no windows, and long tiled hallways. But over one of the entrances is this wonderful quote:

"The salvation of the state is watchfulness in the citizen." 

I love this quote. And I know she does too. No matter how tough her job can be--advocating for some of Nebraska's most vulnerable kids--she truly lives up to her role as a watchful citizen. A wonderful, beautiful, compassionate and dedicated citizen. Nebraska--and her fiance--is lucky to have her.

No comments:

Post a Comment